It’s likely you’ve not had a lot of interaction with web form specialists. We’re super niche in our focus and we solve some very specific problems. What makes web form specialists interesting, is that our efforts in this one niche area of marketing can have a ripple effect that impacts the effectiveness of an organization’s entire marketing operation, in some cases on a global scale.
The problems we’re solving are specific, but they’re also commonplace. They’re problems faced by the vast majority of B2B organizations over a certain size, and particularly those with a global reach – the thing is, most marketing teams aren’t aware that what we do exists.
GatedContent.com is a web form specialist so we’ll start by defining what we do, then we’ll look at the most common problems we solve.
From there, you can make an informed decision as to whether partnering with a web form specialist is something you should be considering as part of your marketing operations.
What does a web form specialist do?
A web form specialist holistically analyzes a business’ lead capture forms from the point of view of responsible data governance; performance and reporting.
A web form specialist’s aim is to:
- Streamline the lead generation process across teams and regions
- Automate data governance practices across all jurisdictions
- Optimize form strategy for maximum conversion
- Consolidate all data associated with lead forms to achieve clear, actionable reporting
Common problems GatedContent.com solve
There are many challenges associated with lead generation, some of which cost businesses huge amounts annually to manage and solve.
Top line, if you’re heading up marketing for a business on a national or global scale, it’s likely you’ve got teams creating new lead capture forms for multiple marketing campaigns; for every event; for specific target prospects; for every jurisdiction with its own data governance rules – the list goes on.
What you end up with are hundreds of forms, capturing data differently every time and not necessarily adhering to data governance practices. This leaves you with a dataset that it’s impossible to accurately report on, lead capture forms that can’t be easily optimized for conversion, not to mention the exposure to potential data breaches that could have serious consequences for your organization.
Here are some common, real life problems GatedContent.com have solved:
- Delivering content and messaging in multiple languages – Rockwell Automation are an international organisation with stakeholders around the world. As such it was essential for the company’s website to cater to multiple languages and multiple countries. With unique data requirements in each region, and varying degrees of market maturity, this created a need to tailor content gating treatments on a region-by-region basis. But without a way to centralise their gating strategy, and report on global content performance and marketing attribution, accurately calculating the ROI of the company’s content efforts seemed impossible.
- Removing barriers to form deployment – ChowNow’s marketing team had to enlist tech support every time they wanted to deploy a new form on their website or a landing page. This took a lot of time. GatedContent.com simplified the process, enabling marketing teams to edit the forms they were using without impacting reporting in a low cost and repeatable process that ensured data integrity and mapping to the right fields in the CRM. They doubled the number of MQLs from the site thanks to more forms due to fast deployment, and they experience better performance with paid search investment because the marketing teams can quickly tailor forms to the campaign.
- Maintaining global standards without removing regional autonomy – Canon’s content marketing strategy was hindered. On one side, each region within the company needed autonomy to tailor their demand generation strategy to the individual countries within their jurisdiction. On the other, the company’s Central Demand Generation team needed to maintain oversight, and manage the company’s global standards. Despite a significant investment into content creation, this conflict prevented Canon from reaching consensus on how to deploy content gating. With no gating strategy in place, the company was left reliant on landing pages built with third-party marketing automation platforms. As well as significantly reducing the SEO benefit of Canon’s content, this created a natural barrier to conversion, disrupting the user experience and negatively impacting performance.
- Dynamic Data Privacy Consent – New location based compliance legislation is increasingly being interpreted differently. Specific countries have their own rules, with countries like Germany and Poland taking a harder stance on the guidelines, it’s critical that businesses with a global presence are responsive to this challenge depending on where their users are operating. The business needed to know with confidence the actual location of web users and they also needed to be able to dynamically change opt-in messaging, privacy documentation and individual data capture fields based on whether a country is an explicit or implicit GDPR country.
Partnering with GatedContent.com
As web form specialists, GatedContent.com has built a tech platform dedicated to solving these challenges. Our tech integrates with your own marketing automation platform (Eloqua, Marketo, Hubspot etc.), it’s simple to deploy and we provide ongoing customer support.
If you’d like to have a chat about how we can help with your specific challenges, talk to us at GatedContent.com
For more detail on GatedContent.com’s approach to Content Gating watch this video.